Senior Behavioral Health
That’s why we’ve established a special unit within our hospital to focus on senior mental health, an area of medicine that jointly addresses the unique physical and emotional needs of older adults.
Our Senior Mental Health unit, located on the 3nd floor of the hospital, is designed to help patients and their families address the complex issues that can cause older adults to fall into a behavioral health crisis. Our “hospital within a hospital” is a secure unit offering short-term treatment to stabilize patients age 55 and over who are experiencing a crisis that cannot be managed in an outpatient setting. After a comprehensive assessment, we provide an individualized treatment plan of services and support focused on each person’s situation and goals.
We’re available to help 24- hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information please call us at 210-921-3558.
Visitation hours are from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. We ask that visitors refrain from bringing any of the following prohibited items:
- Food and drink
- Purses, bags, or backpacks
- Cell phones
- Tobacco products or any items deemed paraphernalia
- Metal objects of any kind (other than keys)
- Chronic Pain
- Cognitive Changes
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
- Mood Disorders
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Management and treatment of medical conditions
- Medication management
- Dietary consultation
- Psychotherapy (individual, family and group)
- Education for patients and families on diagnosis, treatment options and medications
- Social work assistance with discharge planning and financial issues